Here’s a list of books and other resources that have I personally checked out and recommend to all of my readers.
Know of a book or a resource that should be on this list? Drop me an email and send along your recommendation!
You Are Your Own Gym, by Mark Lauren
Possibly one of my favourite books ever, You Are Your Own Gym is a short, sweet, but thorough introduction to bodyweight exercises and finding your way from couch to cut. It takes the “no excuses” philosophy to a new level; I find myself frequently going back to this book for reference on my favourite exercises and an attitude re-adjustment when necessary. Read the whole review here.
The Power of Now, by Eckhart Tolle
Achieving wellness is more about psychology and self awareness than anything else. If you’re looking to turn your thinking on it’s head and discover the true power of the philosophy of the present moment, I’d highly recommend you pick up a copy of this book. It’s changed my thinking quite a bit. Read the whole review here.
Mindless Eating: Why We Eat More Than We Think, by Brian Wansink
Unbeknownst to most of us, millions of dollars are being spent studying the psychology encouraging us to eat more than we really need. Brian Wansink sheds light on how our minds and bodies work against us when we are faced with a bewildering array of food choices. (Full review to come!)
In Defense of Food: An Eater’s Manifesto, by Michael Pollan
Food is not the enemy; we are our own worst enemy when it comes to food. Celebrated journalist Michael Pollan investigates our attitudes towards food, and why food deserves more credit than we give it. (Full review to come!)
New Year’s Special!I've slashed the price on my most popular download from $8.99 to only $1.99 for all you Wellness Rebels out there who plan to run a 5K this year! Grab it while it's still around!
All of my digital products come with a 365-day money-back guarantee - no B.S., no run-around. Just email me at email@example.com and I'll take care of you.
Wasn't ever aware you could turn off the screen on the YAYOG app without pausing...maybe it is device-dependant?2013/01/12 by TweetDeck
- Hey peeps! Just posted a new review of the updated @YourOwnGym mobile app - check it out!
http://t.co/JGzowp4I2013/01/10 by TweetDeck
- New Year's feels like a good time for a new post!
http://t.co/BaNB5UDg2013/01/02 by HootSuite
- A Historical Look at Dieting - Body Moment
http://t.co/WuwfJGZ82012/08/02 by HootSuite
- A review I've meant to write for a long time! Also - only one day left in my #YAYOG book contest!
http://t.co/KdEuduSn2012/07/26 by TweetDeck
- The race is on for the "You Are Your Own Gym" book giveaway! Enter on the site and on Facebook - 2x your chances!
http://t.co/XVzh2f882012/07/25 by HootSuite
- New post - Cindy tells us about the time when her running timer failed her, and how it made her a better runner!
http://t.co/6wiHsqWY2012/07/20 by HootSuite
- New post from my running pal Kim! She seems to have a thing for dodecahedrons.
http://t.co/FptbXM062012/07/19 by HootSuite
- Holy crap, peeps! Two weeks' vacation and I feel like I've been away from you guys for an eternity! What's new?2012/07/19 by TweetDeck